Even in esteemed work organizations, accidents happen. Workers’ Compensation comes in handy for such employees since it provides access to high-quality care at a lower cost.
Workers compensation Chapel Hill is provided by urgent care physicians that aim in helping employees to know how the medical care for injuries can be covered.
What is meant by workers’ compensation?
Workers’ compensation is a type of insurance that provides medical care coverage for workers who are injured or become ill from their job.
Also known as workman’s comp, it includes coverage for disability benefits, missed wage replacement, and death benefits. It significantly reduces your liability for work-related injuries and illnesses.
What does workers’ compensation cover?
If your employee suffers a work-related injury or illness, workers’ compensation benefits can help cover your:
- This can include emergency room visits, necessary surgeries, and prescriptions.
- When the employee needs time to recover, the lost income can be replaced through workers’ compensation.
Ongoing medical care costs
- When there is more than one treatment required for your illness or injury, such as physical therapy costs can also be covered.
- If there is any unfortunate death of the employee, workers’ compensation can cover the funeral costs and provide death benefits to your employee’s beneficiaries.
It is important to note that workers’ compensation is not applicable for the following
- If your employee gets hurt or sick outside of work (injuries that are not work-related)
- If the employee meets with an accident in an intoxicated state
- If the employee intentionally hurt themselves
What evaluation is conducted to approve the worker’s compensation claim?
When there is an injury or illness, your organization will order an evaluation of the condition through urgent care physicians.
Your symptoms and medical history will be reviewed to determine the presence of any other health condition like diabetes or hypertension.
Furthermore, diagnostic tests will be ordered to know the exact nature and impact of the injury or illness on your body. This helps the doctor to get a clear picture of the problem to design an appropriate treatment plan.
Your doctor will decide if you are a suitable candidate for workers’ compensation. Thus the medical report will be submitted to the worker’s compensation providers that determine the further course of action.
Personal injuries at work are tough situations that the company or organization is partially liable for. Urgent care plays a vital role in providing timely, quality service to your injured employee. These medical expenses can be easily covered through workers’ compensation to help the employees during absence from work that leads to loss of income.